Saturday, September 12, 2015

It's 4:12 am and as I sit here nursing my baby boy I have so many emotions flooding through my mind and heart. Today is my little girls second birthday. I have been a mother for two years. The amount of love I feel for my daughter and for motherhood is simply inexpressable. I feel sad at the knowledge of how fleeting my time is with my Clementine. These last two years have absolutely flown by. I can't help but think that before I know it, we'll be sending her off to kindergarten, teaching her how to drive, or preparing her for college. As we were lying in bed last night I told Dylan that I wish I could just freeze time for a little while. Our family is in such a sweet stage right now and I wish I could just keep my toddler and baby the way they are for just a little longer. We have been so blessed. 

Here are a few things about Clementine right now: 
- she loves frozen, Daniel tiger and Barney. 
- some of her favorite foods are, "juice" (green smoothie) "lop" (milk) fries, chocolate, cheese, black beans, avocado , raspberries and Oreos. 
- she is obsessed with playing with her little friends. 
- she loves her "Minkie" (blankie) and whenever she sleeps she needs to have it completely covering her feet. 
- she loves to rough house. 
- reading books with mom is one of her favorite things to do. 
- she loves going to the beach. 
- she absolutely adores "Bebe sampan" and smothers him with love and affection. 
- she has endless amounts of energy.
- she gets so excited when daddy comes home. 
- she gives the sweetest hugs and kisses. 

Here are a few things I've learned about motherhood over the last two years: 
- at the end of the day, nobody knows your children and yourself as well as you do. Trust your inner instincts. You know what you both need. 
- it is so rewarding and exciting to work with your child and see them learn something new. Potty training was really rewarding for both of us. 
- this work is so physically and emotionally exhausting. 
- while it's important for children to be on a schedule and routine, it's also good to allow room for spontaneity. 
- I find joy and satisfaction in feeding my children good, wholesome food. 
- the amount of love and joy I feel is so unexplainable. 













I love you sweet girl. 

1 comment: