Sunday, July 5, 2015

4th of July 2015


Dylan studied all morning/afternoon on the 4th. I really wanted to get some cute shots of my kids. Samson wasn't really feeling it. 




At 4:00 we went to a BBQ/swim party with some friends. We had a great time. Afterwards we rode bikes to the parade and then watched fireworks over the beach. I have enjoyed all of our Independence Day celebrations each year in galveston. Crazy to think this is our last year here! 


You've got to watch Scott in the background of these next photos...












I am so grateful to live in this country. I love my America. The past few weeks have brought a little bit of heartache and confusion as I have seen values in our country change. Today in sacrament meeting we stood and sang The Star Spangled Banner and some words in the last verse really spoke to me: "And this be our motto: in God is our trust." That is the America I believe in and love. I grew up reciting the pledge of Allegiance daily in elementary school and I always felt like I was pledging to a nation under God. I believe our founding fathers were divinely inspired and while values may shift and change, He never ceases to love, nor will I. I will always try my best to love my fellow men and my country. 

1 comment:

  1. Clementine's faces in the first pictures are too funny! She looks like a great big sister! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete