Wednesday, June 15, 2011

oh shoot.










how can i possibly create a list of my 15 favorite tunes?
this is something that is always changing for me.
i will do my best to add ones that i always have and always will love.
in no specific order:
1. You Say it Best - Alison Krauss
2. Child of Light - Mindy Gledhill
3. Me and You - Kenny Chesney
4. A Poor Wafarying Man of Grief- James Montgomery
5. I'm Only Me When I'm with You - Taylor Swift
6. Wrapped Up in You - Garth Brooks
7. Your Smiling Face- James Taylor
8. Look at You Girl - Chris LeDoux
9. Cowboy Take Me Away - Dixie Chicks
10. Walking on Broken Glass - Annie Lennox
11. Forever Young- Bob Dylan
12. On My Mind- Kalai
13. Only A Woman's Heart - Eleanor MvEvoy w/Mary Black
14. Blackbird- The Beatles
15. Bubble Toes- Jack Johnson

While trying to make this list, I found it interesting how my parents and older siblings have all had such a great influence on the music i listen to and have loved over the years. Whether it be songs they chose for their wedding videos, or just songs I've heard them listen to. There isn't one sibling I have who hasn't gotten me hooked on an artist they love. So, just for kicks, I'm going to make a list of my sibs and which artist/s they have influenced me with.

Sam- Neil Young
Alison- Dixie Chicks/Alison Krauss
Katie- Jack Johnson
Ed- Chris LeDoux
Laurel- Backstreet Boys
Dave- Garth Brooks
Joe- Journey/Stix

Dad-Bob Dylan, Gordon Lightfoot
Mom- Bob Marley, The Beatles, Annie Lennox (she goes through her phases)

So grateful for big families who have different tastes :)

5 comments:

  1. will you make me a mix cd, pretty please???

    I love the addition of the influence of each sibling and parents. to a "t" I would say. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really like this post.
    hard to nail it down...
    but, you did. xox

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok I love your songs. And when I saw walking on broken glass!! I got a bit excited. That was a favorite(still is) to dance to when I was a little youngin' : ) Your posts are so enjoyable to read, seriously :) and the new look ;) looks good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this list! i feel the same way you do, i love music and certain songs that remind me of the people i love in my life.

    love you.

    ReplyDelete