Thursday, June 30, 2011

have you ever

been dumpster diving?

i didn't think so.


today was the day to pick up my new set of invisalign from the dentist.

mom, dad and i took a delicious trip to cafe rio afterwards.

i took out my sparkling new trays and wrapped them carefully in a napkin.

i placed them in my dad's pocket because i was wearing a skirt without any.

enjoyed a delicious meal.

came home only to discover that my dad didn't know what I had put in his pocket.

thrown away.

shoot.

work awaiting me in 15 minutes.

what to do?

dumpster dive.

never did i think i could see cafe rio in so many different shapes and sizes.

panic.

i can't be late to work.

rummaging through garbage, tears falling down. earnest prayers.

how can i possibly find two clear trays?

after about 20 minutes of searching

i found the top tray. filled with grains of rice and who knows what.

excitement.

right before my mom comes to help with the rummaging...and i find my bottom tray.

victory.


never again do i plan to go dumpster diving.






1 comment:

  1. You are a brave soul. I'm so glad that you found them! Haha I had to go back and read to make sure you found both so I could congratulate you on your victory. : ) Well done!

    ReplyDelete